by Cathryn Rohrman for the Women's Ministry Team
Hello, women of Kossuth!
Fall has officially arrived, and like every season, it brings a new set of joys! The joy of cool air and sweatshirts, apples and pumpkins, and warm drinks and bonfires. It’s not much different for the women’s ministry—we love fall! It’s a time when we start new studies, pray and sing together, and enjoy fellowship around our fall favorites. Our mission as a women’s ministry is to gather, grow, and give together. We have a fun, full plate for this fall! We look forward to connecting with each of you.
For starters, we hope you can join the James study for women on Thursday evenings at 7:00 pm. In addition to the James study, we also have a Thursday Bible Discussion Group from 9:30-11:00 am via Zoom. If you want to jump into reading the Bible with other women and learning along side each other, please contact Joanne (firstname.lastname@example.org) about either of these opportunities.
Add these upcoming events your calendar! For location details, please check the bulletin or contact the church office.
- Women 50 and Older Hymn Sing - Thursday, Sept 29 @ 6:00-7:30 pm. Join other women in singing to piano some of your favorite hymns.
- Ladies’ Fall Bonfire - Friday, Oct 7 @ 7:00 pm. Come gather around a casual fall evening of fellowship. Bring a lawn chair if you have one!
- Women’s Brunch - Saturday, Oct 15 @ 9:00 am. Join other women as we hear from Ruth Patten, a retiring missionary that KSBC has supported since the early 1970's. Sign up online for RSVP and food. Young women in middle school and high school are welcome.
- Fall Festival - November 5 @ 4:00-6:00 pm. This is an excellent way to serve our neighbors and connect with others. Sign up online or at the welcome desk on Sunday.
- Gather & Give Thanks - November 13 @ 2:00-4:00 pm. Come together with women from various walks of life to pray and give thanks to God.
- Cookies, Carols, and Coffee - December 6. Enjoy Christmas delights with other women from your church family. More details to come!
In addition to these special events coming this fall, “Kossuth kids play time” is available (2nd and 4th Thursdays from 10:00-12:00) to mothers/grandmothers with young children who enjoy playing and meeting for fellowship in the Kossuth gym. If you enjoy crafting, bring a craft to work on at the Open Table Night in the church conference room on the first Thursday of the month from 5:30-10:00 pm.
As a Ladies’ Ministry team, we are grateful for all the ways you serve and support your family, church, and world, and we pray that we can walk alongside you in whatever season you are in to bring gathering and growth! If you need prayer or have questions, please email email@example.com. We would love to connect with you.
Also, if you can find a few minutes, take our survey to help us connect with you!